With COVID-19 restrictions eased but still in place, what CAN you do in the Barossa?
Now that regional travel is allowed within South Australia we are dreaming and planning that long awaited getaway. But with some restrictions still in place many are wondering, what is there to do if I come to the Barossa?
(Apart from just coming for a wonderful relaxing time in our luxury vineyard accommodation!)
It’s a great question!! There are still so many fantastic local establishments offering take away options and with further restrictions eased this week some can now seat limited people at their venues again. Which is exciting for all of us!
There are also so many local cellar doors offering a click and collect service and much more.
Here is a quick update of our best picks for food, wine and activities to enjoy right now in the Barossa.
Some of our favourite restaurants have adapted their menus for take away and some will even deliver right to your door. What better way to spend a chilly night in than with your own personally cooked takeaway dinner and a good bottle of wine by the fireplace. Yes please! If you want to dine in there are limited seats available at some places… seats are filling fast though so bookings are essential.
- Musque Food and Wine – Tanunda. Their “Epic Pandemic” take away menu is available to order from and from this Friday will be open Mon-Sat Dinner from 6pm or 8pm, Lunch Fri-Sat 12pm or 2pm and Sunday all day Strictly BOOKINGS ONLY – limited places available. Offering a 5 course set menu shared to the table @ $57 p/p matched beverages available.
- VINO Lokal – Tanunda – Take away menu available and limited spaces for dining in from this Friday 12-3 for lunch and 5-7.30pm for dinner. Strictly BOOKINGS ONLY for dine in, limited spaces available.
- FINO at Seppeltsfield are offering their “FINO at home” takeaway menu on Fridays, which changes weekly.
- 1918 Bistro & Grill – Tanunda. Takeaway available and Limited tables available for dine in lunch and dinner. Dine inside by their warm open fire or out in the garden.Call for direct bookings.
- FermentAsian – Tanunda. Offering a take away menu of some of their favourites.
- Red Door Espresso Cafe – Tanunda. With their fabulous outdoor courtyard or cosy cafe they are allowing limited seats and also take away from 8am-3pm Mon-Friday.
- The Greenock Pub – Greenock. If you’re looking for good hearty pub food then you can’t beat this local hotel. Keeping the locals and visitors fed with their pub favourites to take away.
- Three75 bar + kitchen – Marananga. This fresh new kitchen offers the best burgers in town, donuts to die for and some brilliant comfort food with their Friday “test kitchen” specials like smoky bbq wings and Lamb Tagine (this changes weekly) . Open Friday Saturday and Sunday nights for take away – orders from 4pm – but be quick they sell out fast!
- 40’s Cafe Barossa and Ember Pizza offer some of the most delicious pizza’s to takeaway and can be delivered.
Click on the links from the restuarant name for their website, and for the most up to date menu offerings from these local restaurants, follow their facebook and insta pages where they are always updating us when there’s something new!
As far as other things to do, here’s a quick round up..
- Barossa Cheese Company are back open and offering their award winning cheese and experiences in limited numbers.
- Barossa Farmers Market is back open for all the best fresh produce from 7am-11am Saturday mornings in Angaston.
- Seppeltsfield Road Distillers are open every day from 11am-5pm to pop in and pick up some of their award winning gin.(Their newly released Shiraz gin is a must for gin lovers)
- Seppeltsfield Cellar door is open for phone orders and wine pickup from 10.30am until 5pm
- Take a walk through Kaiser Stuhl Conservation park, or stop at Menglers Hill lookout.
- Drive up to Eden Valley and take in the sights and colours of autumn.
- Do some shopping at Wohlers Tanunda, Living by Design, The Barossa Co-Op, Alabaster Store or our favourite eclectic little store Hygge Home and Vintage in Greenock where you’ll find the most beautiful range of gifts, homewares and cosy winter knits.
- Pick one of our bakeries like Apex bakery Tanunda, Linke’s Bakehouse in Nuriootpa or D&M’s Bakery in Angaston to sample some of our best pastries and baked goods.. who doesn’t love a good bakery!
- Pop past your favourite cellar door and pick up an order of your favourite wines. Close to us are Hentley Farm (right next door – cellar door only – open for pickup), Two Hands, Torbreck, Greenock Creek, Whistler, Hayes, Seabrook and Tsharke’s to name a few who are all offering order and collect options as well as Izway wines who are offering order and delivery options (their cellar door is currently closed but you can still order your favourite drop and have it delivered)
Although things are still not quite back to normal, a visit to the Barossa still offers a great opportunity to escape the everyday, get out of your own four walls and enjoy some fresh air and open space and to also support the amazingly resilient local spirit within our beautiful community.
Come stay a few days and see what we mean… the fireplace is ready, just insert yourself here!
To book click here and look out for our Autumn / Winter Special offer – Stay for 3, Pay for two.